Come out and test your skills in this special Super Smash Bros. Ultimate event! This event will take place in our spacious auditorium for a unique feel! Competitions include:
- Singles Tournament - Top 8 matches will take place on the big screen!
- School Squad Strike - Join us for the first competitive school-based Squad Strike Elimination event! Team up with your classmates and compete for the title of best Smash school! These matches will also take place on the big screen.
Saturday, May 4, 2019
Elmwood Park Memorial High School Auditorium
375 River Drive, Elmwood Park, NJ 07407
Singles Tournament Rule Summary:Set Length: Best-of-3 (Grand Finals Best-of-5)Stock: 3 StocksTime Limit: 7 Minutes
Starter Stages:BattlefieldFinal DestinationPokemon Stadium 2SmashvilleKalos Pokemon League
Counterpicks:Lylat CruiseTown & CityUnova Pokémon LeagueYoshi’s Island (Brawl)Yoshi’s Story
School Squad Strike Rule Summary:Teams will play Round-Robin FormatTop two teams play in Finals
Squad Strike Format: 5v5 EliminationTime Limit (per individual game): 2:30Set Length: 1 match (Finals Best-of-3, time permitting)
Stages:All matches played on random Battlefield-style stages
The first 10 players to bring a setup (no TV/monitor necessary) will get $5 off Singles tournament entry (waived venue fee) and a free snack and beverage!
A setup includes the items below:
- Nintendo Switch console
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game with all characters/DLC unlocked
- Dock, Switch power cable, and HDMI cable
- GameCube Controller Adapter
- No monitor necessary!
Click here to register your setup and be among the first 10 players!
Please bring your own controller! Nintendo GameCube controllers are preferred. Pro Controllers are allowed, but it is preferable to also bring your USB cable for quick syncing before matches.
Food and beverages will be available for sale at the event. There are also restaurants nearby. There is plenty of free parking available in the school parking lot.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.